MDL-2323 IN RE: NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE PLAYERS' CONCUSSION INJURY LITIGATION

Track this case

Case overview

Case Number:

2:12-md-02323

Court:

Pennsylvania Eastern

Nature of Suit:

P.I.: Other

Multi Party Litigation:

Class Action, Multi-district Litigation

Judge:

ANITA B. BRODY

Firms

Companies

Government Agencies

Sectors & Industries:

  1. January 27, 2021

    NFL Concussion Deal Has OK'd $819M In Claims, So Far

    The NFL concussion settlement has approved $819 million in claims and paid out $760 million as of the beginning of 2021, the settlement claims administrator told the Pennsylvania court overseeing the settlement administration in a status report this month.

  2. January 14, 2021

    Ex-NFL Player Must Pay Fees To Former Counsel

    Former San Diego Chargers linebacker Billy Ray Smith Jr. was ordered Thursday to pay a portion of his $1.8 million award to both his current and former counsel for their work in representing him in an ongoing concussion class action against the NFL.

  3. December 07, 2020

    Ex-NFL Player Must Pay Fees To Langfitt Garner

    Former Dallas Cowboys safety Michael Downs has been ordered to pay some of his more than $500,000 award to his former attorneys, Langfitt Garner PLLC, for representing him in an ongoing concussion class action against the NFL.

  4. November 16, 2020

    Magistrate Judge Says Ex-NFL Player Should Pay Atty Fees

    A Pennsylvania federal magistrate judge has recommended that former Dallas Cowboys safety Michael Downs pay a portion of his award in an ongoing concussion class action involving NFL players to his former attorneys at Langfitt Garner PLLC.

  5. October 13, 2020

    Ex-NFL Player Resists Giving Fees To Atty Accused Of Fraud

    An ex-NFL linebacker urged a Pennsylvania federal judge Tuesday to reject a magistrate judge's recommendation that his former attorney, who recently paid nearly $400,000 to settle claims that he defrauded former football players he represented out of millions, was entitled to a 13.2% cut of the linebacker's concussion settlement award.

  6. September 29, 2020

    NFL Concussion Atty To Pay $386K To End SEC Fraud Claims

    Florida attorney Tim Howard agreed to pay nearly $400,000 as part of a consent agreement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in a suit alleging he and others defrauded former NFL players he was representing in the NFL concussion settlement — allegations previously detailed in a lengthy Law360 investigation.

  7. July 30, 2020

    Ex-NFLers Blast Seeger Weiss For Concussion Holdback Fees

    Retired NFL players and law firms active in the historic concussion settlement are raising alarms over Seeger Weiss LLP's request to levy a 5% fee on injured players' payouts to fund its future work on the case, calling it a cynical cash grab that's unsupported by facts.

  8. March 05, 2020

    Penn Prof Added To Special Masters In NFL Head Injury Deal

    The Pennsylvania federal judge handling the NFL concussion settlement appointed a University of Pennsylvania law professor as a third special master Thursday to help oversee the deal and hear appeals from former players denied awards.

  9. March 02, 2020

    Seeger Weiss Defends Latest Concussion Deal Fee Request

    Seeger Weiss LLP fired back on Monday against an objection to its latest $1.2 million fee request in the NFL concussion settlement.

  10. February 27, 2020

    Controversial Concussion Deal Redo Bid Teed Up For Ruling

    A retired NFL player who's been fighting for months to reverse the denial of his $1.5 million claim in the concussion settlement has again blasted the league for mischaracterizing his arguments, setting the stage for a ruling in the closely watched episode.

Hello! I'm Law360's automated support bot.

How can I help you today?

For example, you can type:
  • I forgot my password
  • I took a free trial but didn't get a verification email
  • How do I sign up for a newsletter?
Ask a question!