By Karlee Weinmann ( November 6, 2013, 4:35 PM EST) -- BlackBerry Ltd.'s decision to yank itself off the market earlier this week came as a surprise to former Apple Inc. CEO John Sculley, who told Bloomberg on Wednesday that he had been working with a group of unnamed investment partners to cobble together a bid for the beleaguered smartphone maker. Sculley said he had been confident in the consortium's ability to line up funds to back a deal, which would have rivaled a preliminary $4.7 billion bid made in September by Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd., the company's biggest shareholder. Instead, BlackBerry has opted for a $1 billion funding infusion from Fairfax and other institutional investors, which Reuters reported Wednesday includes sovereign wealth fund Qatar Holding LLC....
Law360 is on it, so you are, too.
A Law360 subscription puts you at the center of fast-moving legal issues, trends and developments so you can act with speed and confidence. Over 200 articles are published daily across more than 60 topics, industries, practice areas and jurisdictions.