MDL-2323 IN RE: NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE PLAYERS' CONCUSSION INJURY LITIGATION

Track this case

Case overview

Case Number:

2:12-md-02323

Court:

Pennsylvania Eastern

Nature of Suit:

P.I.: Other

Multi Party Litigation:

Class Action, Multi-district Litigation

Judge:

ANITA B. BRODY

Firms

Companies

Government Agencies

Sectors & Industries:

  1. September 19, 2017

    Ex-NFLers Facing Potential Deception In Concussion Claims

    A Pennsylvania federal judge was warned during a hearing Tuesday about potentially unscrupulous behavior by attorneys, lenders and other entities who may be attempting to cheat former National Football League players out of claims on an uncapped settlement for head injuries.

  2. September 15, 2017

    Harvard Prof Slated As Fees Expert In NFL Concussion Case

    A Pennsylvania federal judge on Thursday appointed Harvard Law School professor William B. Rubenstein to address several questions surrounding attorneys' fees payouts in the uncapped NFL concussion settlement, overruling concerns that his involvement may create a conflict of interest.

  3. September 13, 2017

    NFL Players Counsel Seek Answers From Atty In Trauma Suit

    Class counsel for former NFL players in the concussion settlement in Pennsylvania federal court said on Tuesday that an attorney has made communications about the untapped settlement program to class members that may have resulted in them taking actions against their self-interest.

  4. August 18, 2017

    Bigger Claim Window Sought For Institutionalized NFLers

    An attorney representing former NFL players in the concussion settlement in Pennsylvania federal court said Friday that "institutionalized" and other unrepresented ex-players should be given two years to register for potential settlement benefits, upping his initial, one-year request from earlier this month.

  5. August 17, 2017

    NFL Opposes Extension For Institutionalized Class Members

    The NFL on Thursday opposed a motion made by an attorney representing former football players in the concussion settlement class in Pennsylvania federal court asking for a yearlong extension for "institutionalized" ex-players to register for potential settlement benefits, arguing that the settlement already allows such late claims for "good cause."

  6. August 16, 2017

    Settlement Administrator Impeding Process, Ex-NFLers Say

    Sixteen former National Football League players on Tuesday accused the claims administrator overseeing the distribution of benefits from the multidistrict litigation over football-related brain injuries of missteps in its implementation of the 2015 settlement agreement, saying it was adding requirements that were not part of the initial deal.

  7. August 04, 2017

    More Than 18K NFLers Register For Concussion Settlement

    More than 18,400 former National Football League players or their relatives have registered to receive settlement benefits in multidistrict litigation over brain injuries sustained by now-retired players during their NFL careers, the players' attorney said Friday.

  8. August 01, 2017

    Pa. Judge Lets Six Former NFLers Back Into Concussion Deal

    A Pennsylvania federal judge on Tuesday let six former National Football League players rescind their opt-outs to the uncapped settlement in the sprawling NFL concussion litigation after the requests were made before the settlement program registration deadline.

  9. July 19, 2017

    NFLers Possibly Misled By Claim Assistance Offers: Judge

    The Pennsylvania federal judge overseeing the NFL concussion litigation said Wednesday the court is concerned players who may be eligible for the uncapped settlement are being improperly solicited by claim assistance providers who may be providing misleading offers, ordering a hearing on the issue.

  10. July 13, 2017

    Deceased NFLer's Family Wants Concussion Suit In Pa. Court

    The parents of a now-deceased NFL player urged a Pennsylvania federal judge Wednesday to move their lawsuit accusing the league and helmet maker Riddell Inc. of concealing the risks of repeated head trauma in football back to state court, saying the league had misconstrued the nature of their claims to remove the case.

Hello! I'm Law360's automated support bot.

How can I help you today?

For example, you can type:
  • I forgot my password
  • I took a free trial but didn't get a verification email
  • How do I sign up for a newsletter?
Ask a question!